| Job Summary:
Responsible for laying out and fabricating structural steel and sheet metal in order to build metal structures. Welds and cuts steel, interprets blueprints, and works with concrete reinforcing steel bars.
| ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
· Build and install iron or steel girders, columns, and other construction materials to form buildings, bridges, and other structures.
· Cut, position, and bolt down steel bars to reinforce concrete.
· Repair older infrastructure.
· Make, weld, and cut structural metal in fabricating shops.
· Erect steel frames.
· Direct operation of cranes to move structural steel, reinforcing bars, and other materials onto and around the construction site.
· Connect steel columns, beams, and girders.
· Drill holes into steel for bolts.
· Number steel according to assembly instructions.
· Unload and stack steel.
· Attach cables to steel and then to the crane.
· Hoist steel into place in the framework.
· Position steel with connecting bars and spud wrenches.
· Work with driftpins to align the holes in the steel with the framework holes.
· Use plumb bobs, levels, and laser equipment to check alignment.
· Bolt or weld piece into place.
· Set reinforcing bars into forms to hold concrete.
· Fasten bars together with wire.
· Place spacers under rebar to lift bars off deck.
· Cut bars with metal shears and torches.
· Reinforce concrete with welded wire fabric.
· Substitute cables for rebar.
· Tighten cables with jacking equipment.
· Install stairs, handrails, or curtain walls.
· Make sure all pieces are fitted properly and complete repairs as necessary. Follows all company policies and procedures according to company handbook. Conducts self at all times in a professional, ethical, and courteous manner as a representative of Steel Fab Enterprises, LLC.
|SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
· Physical – While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands and fingers to handle or feel, reach with hands and arms and climb or balance. The employee is frequently required to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
· Mental – Ability to focus on an intense level. Ability to multi-task. Ability to efficiently obtain and retain detailed information.
· Mathematical – Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Language – Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals and blueprints. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively with customer or employees.
· Spatial – Ability to solve practical problems. Ability to interpret a variety of instruction furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
| WORKING CONDITIONS:
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
|MEASURES OF PERFORMANCE:
· Safe work procedures and high safety standards are followed at all times.
· Projects are completed on time, within budget and profitable.
· Quality standards are met for all work and materials.
· Positive employee and customer relations are maintained.