|Job Title: PROJECT MANAGER
|Work Location: LANCASTER, PA
|Reports to: CEO
| Job Summary:
Plans, directs and coordinates activities of designated projects to ensure that goals or objectives of project are accomplished within prescribed time frame, to gross profit goals and to customer satisfaction
| Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- On new projects, review the subcontract, contract drawings, specifications, addendums, bulletins, sales proposal and scope of work prior to start up meeting
- Buyout detail drawings
- Conducts project start-up meeting with CEO, President, Operations Manager, Accounting Manager/ and the Shop and Field Superintendents
- Contacts customers at start of job to discuss their schedule
- Follows up with detailers weekly to keep projects on schedule
- Works with senior project manager to provide project specific schedules, detailed with every line item of our work scope, with appropriate dates obtained from customer. Adjust weekly or additionally if required.
- Reviews drawings before submittals are provided, after received from approval and before release into fabrication
- Completes field measurements of miscellaneous metals on a timely basis
- Works closely with customers to determine their needs and communicates with them constantly
- Reviews all document changes as required by contract administration
- Follows up on project close outs upon substantial completion of work
- Follows all company policies and procedures.
- Conducts self at all times in a professional, ethical and courteous manner as a representative of Steel Fab Enterprises
| Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree and one to two year related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given.
- Ensure that every project exceeds company gross profit expectations by weekly monitoring
- Keep customers satisfied and exceed their expectations
- Complete proficient project hand-off meetings per SFE standards
- Document, maintain and recover costs expended by extra work and changed work within 60 days of the next billing period
- Informs operations manager about problems and potential problems as early as possible
- Offers solutions for problems that arise
- Demonstrates time management skills to make the best use of time
- Detail oriented
- Excellent organizational skills
- Maintains cooperative working relationship with supervisor and other team members
- Consistent communication skills
- Ability to perform all duties in an independent manner with little or no supervision
- Assertive mannerisms and good negotiating skills
- Seeks guidance and direction as necessary in any and all phases of the work
| Measures of Performance:
- Project profitability to exceed estimating standards
- Defined recovery for extra and changed work
- Understanding of the design and subcontract requirements for specific projects assigned
- Project specific scheduling to align with SFE’s and customer requirements
- Controlled and on-time delivery of all sublet vendors, buyouts and detailers to align with SFE requirements
- Server job file documentation of all items relating to our subcontract and performance, including emails
- Project review on a weekly basis for scheduling and costs
- Providing correct, adequate and complete project billings
- Demonstrate good judgment and decision making practices
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to sit, stand and walk.
- Ability to effectively obtain and retain information.
- Ability to multi-task to above average degree.
- Ability to read, write and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and employees.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on telephone