Steel Fab Enterprises is a family-owned and operated business in Lancaster, PA. For three generations, we have provided all kinds of steel fabrication projects from structural steel to decorative railings. We hire hardworking, committed individuals to work in our state-of-the-art facility. Our company is committed to quality, safety and total customer satisfaction.
We are confident that you will find our company a rewarding place to work. We consider the employees of Steel Fab Enterprises to be one of its most valuable resources. Join our Structural Steel fabrication plant, miscellaneous metals plant, erection department, or shipping and tracking.
We offer our employees exceptional wages to ensure your pay reflects your current abilities and contribution to our company. In addition, we offer:
• Paid Vacation
• Paid Holidays
• Medical Insurance
• Short Term Disability
• Long Term Disability
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Employer-Paid Group Life Insurance
• 401 (k) with Employer Match
• Incentive Program
Current Job Openings
STRUCTURAL STEEL/MISCELLANEOUS IRON ESTIMATOR
The Estimator position performs complete Structural Steel and Miscellaneous Metals estimates for construction projects.
Assignments will include quantity take-off, material and labor pricing, bid solicitation and compiling cost history. The Estimator
will prepare detailed proposals, make all necessary copies of plans and create files for completed bids.
- Location: Lancaster
- Five (5) Years’ Experience Required
- Strong Structural Steel background as it applies to industrial, commercial construction
- Strong understanding of all Structural Steel and Miscellaneous Metals components as it applies to shop fabrication & site
- Excel, Word and Bluebeam experience required. Understanding of the FabSuite estimating software a plus
- Ability to interpret Structural & Architectural drawings for the purpose of estimating, pricing and submitting a quote to General
Contractors. Ability to interpret shop drawings
- Understanding of Structural Steel design, fabrication & installation including: Anchor bolts, Embeds, Bollards, Columns,
Beams, Braces, O.W.S Joists, Steel Decking, Steel stairs, Railings, Guard rails, RTU frames, Ladders, Gate enclosures &
other miscellaneous metals as required by job
- A General understanding of the AWS D1.1 welding code and AISC Standards
- Ability to work independently while being precise and accurate
- Good problem solving skills and the ability to pay attention to detail
- Recognize and deal with priorities. A willingness to work extra hours as required to have accurate estimates out on time
- Prepare bid packages for structural and miscellaneous steel projects
- Prepare conceptual estimates for structural steel design build/design assist projects
- Review specifications and scopes. Prepare estimates in an accurate, timely and detailed manner thru all states of the
- Prepare accurate proposals in compliance with the bid documents
- Attend pre-bid and scope review meetings with General Contractors/Construction Managers
- Perform post bid follow up and negotiations
- Review and price RFI's
- When project is sold, follow company job start-up procedures so projects are turned over to project management in a timely
and efficient manner
- Co-ordinate and build relationships with general contractors, erectors, detailers, suppliers, our shop, etc.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
Applicant must be able to lay out and fabricate structural steel and build and install iron or steel girders, columns and other construction materials to form buildings and other structures.
Other skills include: welding and cutting steel, interpreting blueprints and working with concrete reinforcing steel bars. One year of experience preferred.